The autumn is coming. Tomatoes and peppers will not have the same full taste that we got used to during the summer. It is therefore time to brush up some winter veggie recipes. Lets try some roots: they are a good side dish for legumes, meats, egg and fish.
Source: my friend Göran Lindahl (Sweden)
- 1500 g Mixed roots (turnip, parsnip, rutabaga, carrots,
red beets, daikon, etc.)
- 30 g Extra virgin olive oil
- to taste Rosemary, sage, oregano, marjoram, or other herbs- minced
- Heat the oven (200˚C)
- Cover a large baking dish with parchment paper
- Wash, brush and clean the roots, discarding damaged parts and leaves (you can set aside the leaves for other preparations)
- Cut in dices (approximately 1 inch per side) and put in the baking pan
- Season generously with extra virgin olive oil, herbs and some salt
- Bake until tender and lightly browned (approx 45 minutes).